Southwest Garden Machinery is a locally owned family business that has been trading in the Launceston area since 1935, and is thus one of the longest established businesses in the field.
1935: Ron Werring commenced trading from premises in the village of Lewannick (in what is now the pub car park). Specialising in the sale and service of motorcycles, bicycles, motor cars, wireless sets, stationary engines and garden machinery.
grew steadily and expanded to include electrical and plumbing work in addition
to the original activities.
1969: Business relocated to bigger premises in Lewannick, and other activities dropped to concentrate on bicycles and garden machinery.
1976: First proper showroom added to existing facilities to increase sales exposure.
Showroom replaced with new building, increasing floor area by 1000%. First
new van purchased for customer deliveries.
1980: Existing workshop replaced by new purpose-built facility.
1981 – 8: Regular building expansion to take premises to the limit of the site.
Purchased the business of Launceston Garden Machinery on the Pennygillam Industrial
Estate at Launceston.
1992: New premises acquired in Hurdon Road at Launceston, and both businesses relocate to the new site.
1993-2000: Steady growth establishing Southwest Garden Machinery at the area’s premier specialists.
2000: Trading in all departments exceeds all previous records. Top UK dealer for several brands.
2004: All departments have exceeded previous trading records. Web site launched November.
2007: Record year for all departments.
2008: Showroom extended and futher quality franchises added.
2011: Cycle sales ceased to provide space for a greater stock & range of garden machinery.
2012: Increased stock & range of quality pre-owned machinery.
2013: Moved to new improved premises at Scarne Business Park Landlake Road.
Don't let the grass grow under your feet, for information and advice please call our enquiry hotline on 01566 772706 Email:email@example.com
|Top of page|